“If 2020 was the decisive year for e-ducation, 2021 has undoubtedly been the decisive year for ProFuturo”, starts by stating César Alierta, President of ProFuturo, in our annual report 2021. The first five years of activity of our educational programme have come at a key moment for digital education. What began as an ideal and an illusion, as Alierta comments, has materialised five years later in an improvement in education for millions of people throughout the world.
ProFuturo is already present in 40 countries in Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa and Asia and we have managed to transform the learning experience of nearly 23.4 million students and the teaching experience of more than 1.1 million teachers, thus raising educational and professional level in the most disadvantaged contexts.
“2021 has been a year of evolution and change, in which we have approached every challenge as an opportunity to transform ourselves in order to provide a different and increasingly innovative educational offering. Continuous improvement is part of our DNA”. With these words, Magdalena Brier, Managing Director of ProFuturo, confirms the turning point of our programme over the last year, in which we have been working on our educational proposal to boost educational innovation.
6 ProFuturo developments in 2021
2021 has been a year in which, at ProFuturo, we seek to improve educational quality through applied innovation in three dimensions: technological, social and educational. We believe that no one must be left behind, and education is the first sphere of life to benefit from this transformation.
Here’s a look at some of the progress of our educational programme over the last year!:
- By geographical areas, 2021 was a year of consolidation in the regions where ProFuturo operates, where our educational programme expanded to new schools and educational contexts.
- The #ObservatorioProFuturo, a space that promotes discussion and reflection on the current situation of digital education in the world, experienced a great boost in 2021 with the creation of new content or meetings with experts.
- In terms of technological innovation, the new Learning Management System (LMS) was a true milestone for ProFuturo’s digital ecosystem.
- This year also served to significantly strengthen the portfolio of products and services in the four reference languages (Spanish, English, French and Portuguese).
- At the same time, we actively participated in forums and events of international importance, such as enlightED 2021 and the United Nations High Level Political Forum.
- 2021 has also been a year of great alliances, key to the development of our educational work, including the new collaboration with the Spanish Committee of UNHCR.
If you want to know more about everything that has happened in ProFuturo in 2021, here you can find the complete annual report so you don’t miss a thing.